Thursday, March 10, 2011

Singapore Zoo & Night Safari

After visiting the Singapore Zoo I now know why it is known as one of the best in the world. The zoo is completely open concept and most animals have low fences if at all so you can easily see everything. If you want to check it out http://www.zoo.com.sg/ and you are ever in Singapore I highly recommend it. It was an incredible experience and I saw animals I never even knew that existed (especially rare or Asian animals).


These monkeys are just roaming around above your head as you walk around
They had two white tigers, which are one of the rarest almost extinct animals in the world
Field Trip
There were lemurs every where in this rain forest area. Despite the signs that said not to pet and took photos with them. They were so cute.

We then went to the Night Safari "critters of the night show" and my friend was called up on stage with the big snake. I was front row and did not like seeing the 30 foot snake that close. I did however, like seeing the animals more active at night and all the other animals we didn't see during the day. The Night Safari is unique because you can be taken through a whole other zoo on a tram to see the nocturnal animals at play.

 I have to say, although the zoo was super great I feel like every day is kind of a visit to the zoo on campus. Here are some of the new friends I have seen near my dorm room.



a praying mantus like creature



a wild boar

No comments:

Post a Comment