Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stuck In Singapore

This weekend, without our student pass we were all stuck on campus, well not just campus but in Singapore. This probably would have been fine if it did not monsoon rain storm and thunder storm all weekend. Also, as it is approaching Chinese New Years, campus is very decorated and it is beginning to get a little busy everywhere.

The original plan was for those who had intended to go to Bintan would spend a day and party into the nightime at Sentosa Island. Unfortunatly due to extreme amounts of water falling from the sky that seemed like a silly idea. Instead, on Friday I think everyone I know watched TV and lounged around for the first time since we've arrived in Asia.
 My favourite rainy day snack (it is sweet popcorn)


 Not a delicious snack that I tried to be adventurous - FAIL

On Friday night my friends and I went to Arab street. You get off at Bugis station on the MRT and there is just middle eastern neighborhood to explore.  We enjoyed some delicious hummus and I got a chicken doner (which tasted like a schwarma) as well as some watermelon flavoured sheesha. The hookahs were just lined up beside every table and people from all ages were eating, drinking or just enjoying sitting outside smoking.


On Saturday during the day we decided to go back to arab street and go shopping. I wanted to just buy some new shoes and maybe a new outfit. I ended up with a lot of new things- a $5 SG (even cheaper in Canadian) backpack, shoes, heels, two dresses, headbands, cute bow barrettes, necklaces, a tank top and some earrings.

 The entrance to the market

Bugis street is where I bought most of my new things as well as the mall nearby. It is very overwhelming inside and there are so many stores that we most definitly have to go back. You can buy $5 watches and $10 shoes here it is so awesome! A lot of the clothes are "free-size" which to me means small. All the clothes are made for small girls and if you are luckty and there are sizes anyone my size or bigger is a medium or large. Luckily they had lots accessories. My favourite purchase was my Hello Kitty phone charm and pink hoodie.

 All the stores had great clothes, but were very pink and girly ( I personally loved it).

We shopped around in this nice mall after and I was so hungry from shopping I got a huge delicious burger for lunch/dinner. It was nice to have some western food after shopping till you nearly drop. It even had cheese on it!
 A lot of the merchandise had entertaining translations or was a funny ripped off name.

 MMMMM...BURGER TIME

The beautiful mall that we basically ran to the food court in because we were so hungry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment