Monday, February 14, 2011

valentines day

It seems in Singapore that everyone is in a relationship or simply loves any holiday they can celebrate. Around campus people are selling candy, cards, and chocolates. I see girls carrying flowers in between classes and even my faculty building has hanging hearts in the atrium. It is all so cute.

I' m really lucky to have had a perfect valentines day so far, even though my valentine (cheesy,yes..) is on the other side of the world. I just wanted to say, I am so lucky to be so happy and live such a wonderful life.

It isnt just today however that I feel loved, and I know that is the same for a lot of other people. This is just one day of the whole year, but many of us are lucky enough to feel love from our families and friends everyday of the year. I have a wonderful boyfriend who makes me feel like a queen even on the other side of the world.  My other friends and family have been so great with staying in touch, I really do not feel that far away. Skype was probably one of the best inventions that has changed my experience on exchange.

Here's hoping that you have a faboulous day.  

In Singapore it is already the 15th but last night I was lucky enough to go out with three beautiful young woman downtown Singapore.  Here are some pictures of us by the water with the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and on the rooftop of the Fullerton.



No comments:

Post a Comment