Friday, January 28, 2011

MONSOON!!!

My first monsoon rain storm was on Monday.

Life as an exchange student is quite trying, as I was lounging by the pool talking to friends about where I want to travel to when some dark clouds came by. I thought it would be a light rain that would pass by but it didn't. It did rain on and off all day but somehow still remained hot enough that pants would be uncomfortable.

It does not RAIN it POURS!!! The rain here comes at such a fast speed and in such a large quantity that everything is instantly wet. Luckily all over campus they have coverings so that you don’t get wet. They also have run-off drainage for every building and hill. Beside my residence stairs for example is what looks like miniature stairs but it is for water run-off as it rains so much. I live on the side of a hill but on the end of campus. Even though it is far, I love it and the view from my room is worth the hike of stairs.
 My friend jesse's photo of the stairs and a typical covering

Although it rains here it does not seem to rain for too long. I like that it feels cooler after it rains (not that cooler is bad as I can definitely handle it I did leave Canada and the -30 weather at home!) Also, as classes are beginning to take over my weekday schedule with my new student card I feel more like a NTU student and resident. I am starting to feel at home here and less like a tourist. Things are going really well to say the least. So far exchange is pretty awesome. I cannot believe that this is my life

My student card here


No comments:

Post a Comment